The Ottawa Board of Trade - together with key local partners including the City of Ottawa, Ottawa Tourism, Invest Ottawa, the Ottawa Coalition of BIAs, and RGA (Regroupement des gens d’affaires de la Capitale)—is calling on YOU to be a part of Ottawa’s economic recovery and rebound plan by putting your money where your heart is and BUYING LOCAL this holiday season and beyond.
The #BuyLocalOttawa campaign is a reminder to everyone that businesses drive our local economy, enhance our community culture and shape our future. They support all of us. So now it is time to support them.
How can you get involved?
- Make a decision to buy local as much as possible and encourage others to do the same.
- Promote your favourite local businesses on social media and in person at work or gatherings.
- Scroll down to view and click on the local directories to find new local places to support.
- Take a picture when you buy local, share great gift ideas and use #BuyLocalOttawa.
- Scroll down further to view Instagram posts that include the hashtag #BuyLocalOttawa.
- Use our toolkit to share the buy local campaign and let's make Ottawa thrive together!
- Download: Buy Local - English poster (PDF) | Téléchargez : Achetez localement - affiche en français (PDF)
- Download: Buy Local - English social media image (JPG) | Téléchargez : Achetez localement - image pour les médias sociaux (JPG)
- Download: Buy Local - Zoom background (JPG)
- Download: Buy Local – Zoom background, flipped/mirroring effect (JPG)
Most important! Please be patient and kind—many businesses are still short staffed. Your generosity and local loyalty will help employers and employees in the hardest hit sectors: restaurants, retail, personal services, tourism and accommodations, festivals and events, and live entertainment.