Ottawa Board of Trade Announces 2023-24 Board of Directors
On June 12, 2023, the Ottawa Board of Trade (OBOT) was pleased to host our 166th Annual General Meeting and Annual Reception at the breathtaking TwentyTwo atop Westin Ottawa. This was a great opportunity to honour our members and volunteers, celebrate what we've accomplished together and to share more about our strategic priorities moving forward. Special thanks to Mayor Sutcliffe and Roger Greenberg for joining us to offer remarks and share your insights.
We were especially pleased to honour Ian Sherman who has served the Ottawa business community on the OBOT board the last nine years, six of them as board chair. We are delighted for the opportunity to continue to work with Ian as he transitions to the role of past chair. During his tenure, Ian led the Ottawa Chambers consolidation to form the new Ottawa Board of Trade, a legacy move for our business community. He engaged new leadership, formed the inaugural board of directors, and launched the new strategic plan. Meanwhile, he led the board and our members through unprecedented times including a pandemic and an occupation. Thank you, Ian, for your generous and strong leadership. Ottawa owes you a great debt of gratitude.
We are thrilled to welcome Brendan McGuinty as the new chair of the board. Brendan is a lifelong resident of Ottawa who has dedicated much of his career and volunteer expertise to the economic growth of our city and region. Brendan’s passion for Ottawa was evident in his remarks as he described the challenges facing Ottawa 166 years ago and how the business leader of the time had to step up to solve big issues. Not unlike today – as we call on business leaders to join the board of trade, and work together to address our current challenges and pursue our opportunities.
Finally, we are grateful to the leaders who will serve on our 2023-2024 Board of Directors! Thank you for committing your energy and expertise to the advancement of the Ottawa business community and the building of our city.
- Brendan McGuinty, Strategies 360, Chair
- Priya Bhaloo, TAG HR, Vice Chair
- Ruby Williams, Deloitte, Vice Chair
- Robert Rhéaume, CCSR Advisory Services, Treasurer
- Megan Wallace, Perley-Robertson, Hill & McDougall, Corporate Secretary
- Ian Sherman, Relationship Capital, Past Chair
- Andrew Arnott, RBC
- Karla Briones, Karla Briones Consulting
- Erin Benjamin, Canadian Live Music Association
- Rick Chase, Canada Life
- Devinder Chaudhary, Aiana Restaurant Collective
- David Coletto, Abacus Data
- Sacha Gera, JSI
- Yasser Ghazi, Meridian Credit Union
- Hugh Gorman, Colonnade BridgePort
- Kayla Isabelle, Startup Canada
- Julie Lupinacci, Hydro Ottawa
- John Proctor, Martello Technologies
- Melissa Reeves, Linebox Studios
- Riaz Sidi, Sidi.io
- Kimberly Stone, Giatec Scientific
We invite all Ottawa businesses, every sector and size to be a member of your local board of trade and strengthen the voice of business. For the success of your business. And the future of our city. Join us today.