Hiring: Coordinator Member Services
Position Title: Coordinator Member Services
Location: Flexible Remote Work & 150 Elgin Street, 10th Floor, Ottawa, ON
Reports To: Director, Membership Experience
About Us: The Ottawa Board of Trade (OBOT) is the key business association and official government liaison serving our business community. We are non-profit and non-partisan; independently funded and driven by the business community. We serve every size and sector of business including multinational corporations, small and medium enterprises, and home-based entrepreneurs. We exist only to advocate for the growth of the businesses we serve.
About the Employment Opportunity: OBOT is seeking a junior-level Coordinator Member Services to support our diverse network of stakeholders and economic partners, while carrying out day-to-day office administrative duties, fielding general inquiries and engaging with our business leaders in the national capital region.
OBOT’s mission is to cultivate a thriving world-class business community in Ottawa, by influencing economic development through leadership and partnerships and our values are Collaboration, Determination, Future Thinking, Integrity, and Passion.
The Coordinator Member Services serves as the front-line staff person and is the first point of contact for most Board of Trade inquiries and transactions. Reporting to the Director, Membership Experience, the Coordinator Member Services will be responsible for expanding business and revenue generating opportunities with existing and new members that will allow the organization to achieve its mandate and strategic objectives. In addition, this position will also ensure members not only maximize the value of their membership and involvement with the Board of Trade but also enjoy a high-quality customer experience.
- Maintain and strengthen existing and developing member relationships (Collaboration).
- Ensure positive membership and stakeholder experience (Collaboration).
- Establish and maintain value added membership through regular contact with members (Integrity).
- Manage inbound membership inquiries and questions from prospective and existingmembers and triage their needs to the correct team member (Collaboration).
- Ensure members utilize and leverage their membership benefits – driving renewals (Collaboration).
- Support the business development and membership attraction strategy by managing customer accounts and securing new business (Future Thinking).
- Optimize the use of the Board of Trade’s CRM, including analysis of data pertaining to membership (Determination).
- Prepare and send invoices (Integrity).
- Manage and track Accounts Receivable (Integrity).
- Identify and track the changing needs of members (Future Thinking).
- Reporting and analytics for various departments supporting operations, sales, andfinance (Collaboration).
- Support overall revenue generation through the promotion of advertising, hosting andsponsorship opportunities with stakeholders (Future Thinking).
- Provide various statistical analyses of the membership, and other reports, as required bythe Director, Membership Experience (Collaboration).
- Conduct analysis to identify trends, member engagement, member segmentation (Future Thinking).
- Maintain thorough and comprehensive reports on all retention/servicing calls utilizing the Board of Trade’s CRM database and provided in the manner and frequency determined by the Director, Membership Experience (Integrity).
- Utilize the Board of Trade’s CRM system to its fullest extent to manage membership information. All member contacts/information/connections must be maintained in an up-to-date manner (Determination).
- Research, identify, and monitor current and new affinity programs and other benefit services for the membership as determined by the Director, Membership Experience (Future Thinking).
- Attend Board of Trade events to foster and nurture business leads and strengthen member and partner relationships (Collaboration).
- Participate in events and activities as appropriate and directed by the Director, Membership Experience (Passion).
- Assist in ensuring that member files are maintained and up to date and that privacy and confidentiality is adhered to (Integrity).
- Meet and greet visitors, tourists & members to the Board of Trade office (Collaboration).
- Develop a knowledge of local and surrounding communities in addition to Chamber members (Passion).
- Answer telephones, take messages, send, retrieve, and distribute emails, fax, photocopying as required (Integrity).
- Perform administrative functions as required by the Director, Membership Experience.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and time management skills, with attention to detail.
- Knowledge of CRM systems, including maintenance and usage, and gathering andanalyzing data to inform service offerings.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and manage multiple projects.
- Ability to work as part of a team or independently, with sound judgment and the ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication skills, including, verbal, written and editing skills.
- Professional, dependable, positive, and collaborative spirit.
- General knowledge of Ontario’s business environment and an interest in the public policy landscape is desirable.
Education / Experience Required:
- Diploma in Business Administration, Communications or an equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred.
- Prior experience in a not-for-profit, membership-based industry is beneficial.
- Prior experience with database management and Customer Relationship Management software is beneficial.
- Minimum one-year related experience.
- Valid driver’s license and use of reliable personal vehicle. Maintenance of a valid drivers’ license and personal transportation is a requirement of this position.
- Bilingual French / English an asset.
The Ottawa Board of Trade is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier- free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please ensure to advise us so that your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially. Please note that interviews will be conducted virtually.
Coordinator Member Services
Ottawa Board of Trade
$35,000 - $40,000 a year - Full-time, Permanent
Please send cover letter and resume by 5:00 pm Tuesday February 22, 2022, to Kassondra Walters, Director, Membership Experience at firstname.lastname@example.org