Ottawa Board of Trade Has Now Supplied 26,000+ Free Individual COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Testing Kits to 265+ Local Businesses in Just the First 12 Business Days
For Immediate Release: June 14th, 2021: As Ottawa completes its first partial reopening weekend, Ottawa Board of Trade (OBoT) is pleased to announce the incredible uptake by local businesses in helping to make employees and customers safer.
By the numbers:
- 26,025 individual rapid testing kits have been distributed at Invest Ottawa’s Bayview Yards in a program run by OBoT
- 266 businesses (with under 150 employees) have been helped
- That’s all in 12 business days, thanks to volunteers
- The Ottawa distribution centre has already served businesses with between 2 to 149 employees
- The distribution site will run for a further 60-90 days (anticipated based on demand)
- Rapid antigen testing involves a swab. A positive test requires an immediate departure from the work site and a follow-up test through Ottawa Public Health.
OBoT Director of Organizational Advancement, Lynn Ladd, lead organizer of the rollout, says, “I couldn’t be more proud of our OBoT team and engaged volunteers, particularly Rotary Club Ottawa. It was a huge task to organize and roll out this program quickly. Rapid antigen testing provides greater peace of mind and the additional means to increase safety for the first stage of re-opening. And, rapid antigen testing will continue to be critical to help protect employees, customers and their families into the future.”
Pick-up at Invest Ottawa’s Bayview Yards, with an appointment, is open Monday to Friday 10am until 3pm for businesses under 150 employees. To register for pick-up at a specific date and time, or for more information: www.ottawabot.ca
Across Ontario, 25 Ontario Chambers are helping with the distribution in their own communities. Businesses with more than 150 employees are receiving kits directly from the Government of Ontario.
Sonya Shorey, Vice President of Marketing and Communications for Invest Ottawa and Bayview Yards, says, “Invest Ottawa and Bayview Yards are honoured to collaborate with the Ottawa Board of Trade (OBOT) to help drive the safe recovery of our economy. We are delighted to donate our innovation hub to distribute rapid COVID-19 screening test kits and help equip small business with a new tool in the fight against COVID-19. Together, we aim to help entrepreneurs and firms across our region stay healthy and safe while growing their business and driving our economic recovery.”
For More Information:
Tiger Lily Marketing